Apart from the whole thing, this was brilliant
Apart from a few little details, for instance
- Nobody questions Mayor Pete’s right to exist,
- Indiana’s religious freedom law did not effectively legalize anti-gay discrimination,
- I’m unaware of Mike Pence saying anything about whether same-sex marriage could move one or both partners closer to God,
- It’s been a very long time since I’ve heard anyone say being gay was a choice,
- The transposition of “I don’t know why I’m gay” into “God made me gay,”
Pete Buttigieg’s speech to the L.G.B.T.Q. PAC Victory Fund wasn’t whiny demagoguery, but a tightly-reasoned illustration of his brilliance, eloquence, and, like, total suitability for the Presidency of the United States.